Bachelor parties

How many of you are secure enough in your relationship that if your dh/so/whoever wanted to attend a bachelor party, you'd be okay with it? I have no problems with it. I know my dh loves me and only me and so what if he wants to go out and have a good time? He's mature, I'm mature. Why do some women not 'allow' their spouses to do things? Aren't we adults? If you think that person will cheat on you, why are you even with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband didn't have one, but not because I told him he couldn't. He just didn't have a lot of friends in the area. He pretty much sat around drinking with his best man. LOL I would never tell my husband he can't have a guy's night out either. Heck, I wish he would!
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think that younger women are generally more insecure is all. In time we all grow up and to know the person were with more and begin to trust more because we trust ourselves if that makes sense. My husband had his own bachelor party and I had a bachelorette party and since then we have attended other peoples. It isnt a problem. We know the only way either one of us is getting out of this marriage is in a body bag.

Answer by gemgem at 12:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think it is an age and the amount of time you have been in a relationship. Honestly 10 years ago I would have not wanted my Dh to go to a bachelor party, now I am secure enough in our relationship to trust him. Heck wheres the party get him out of the house for a bit!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My dh visited strip clubs often when he was younger and spent lots of money on lap dances. Although it makes me very uncomfortable to think about it, I wouldn't tell him he couldn't go to a bachelor party. We didn't have bachelor/bachelorette parties before our wedding. But, I'm pretty sure that a stripper or strip club wouldn't have been involved in either of our plans even if we did plan parties.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think it depends on past experiences....most women that aren't trusting have a good reason for being that way whether from things that happened in their current relationships or past relationships. I don't think it's good for a relationship to set rules about what your man can and can't do, but admit that I've done it. He's given me reason's to distrust him (though not by cheating) and he knows that he has to rebuild that trust with me. Those are the things that I need out of a reationship and I've told my DH that if he can't take it, we shouldn't be together. All women who feel strongly about what their man should or shouldn't do are not horrible, controling, insecure women. Some are just women who know what they want and need to feel respected and aren't afraid to speak up and let their man know what those needs are.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009