Where should I post a question about planning a wedding?

My SO and I FINALLY SET A DATE (after 8 yrs.) and I have soooo many many questions and it seems like this section gets the most questions and responses. Thanks ladies!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Relationships or Just For Fun........... but you're gonna get ALL kinds of answers and maybe even a troll.... but there are lots of us moms that are not nasty..., some of us are sill made of sugar and spice. I planned my own wedding.... great success... what's your question?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Entertainment?
    Anonymous

• Where should I start with the ?s lol. I don't know what I need to do first but I'm thinking the church because you have to book them really far in advance. After that, I'm lost (lol) because I've never planned one before or even helped for that matter. But I do have a girlfriend helping me so that's a good start right lol?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Oh and I do know that the biggest thing is tofigure out what your budget is and what you're working with which in my case isn't a whole lot.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• church, hall if you want, dress, food, drinks, limo or limo bus, wedding party, wedding shower with games, food and favors, favors and the wedding recp, damn there is so much to do but you can do it all on your own if you want. Or it can be something simple in your backyard or park.
    Anonymous

• It depends with your budget. I would start with:

1) your reception place. they usually require 6 months advance notice
    2) church or location of your ceremony
    3) your bridal party: maid of honor, bridesmaids, etc.
    4) guest list
    5) invitation
    6) photographer and videographer
    7) your wedding gown
    8) bridesmaids' dress
    9) tuxedos for bridal party
    10) flowers
    11) transportation
    12) entertainment
    13) cake - you need to make appt. to several bakeries and try their cakes
    14) make-up research for your whole bridal party.
    15) hair for your whole bridal party
    16) bridal registry
    17) apply for marriage license
    18) then you got all the little stuff you need for your wedding like decorations, table centerpiece, shoes, accessories or jewelries, garter, cake knife, wedding rehearsal, bachelorette party, placement cards, and on and on and on.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 1:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• OK, I'll admit, I've gotten married twice so I've planned 2 weddings. If you want to pm me go right ahead & I'll answer any question you have!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009