is it possible?

Is it possible for one breat to not make as milk as the other or to not make anything at all even if it is getting just as much time as the other boob is with the baby latched?
My left boob is ALWAYS leaking and has plenty of milk but my right one just dont seem to have much at all i dont even get much out by squeezing it. And she is on both of them the same amount of time I know i am getting something in it because she still sucks on it but how much is the ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not only possible, completely normal. We're not symmetrical beings and EVERY woman has a difference to some degree.

Nothing here to worry about.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• still nursing here at 14 months, and my right breast has always produced more milk than my left. completely normal :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It is possible, but just because you can't express doesn't mean the other breast doesn't have as much milk in it. Just as some women can't express at all, some can on one breast and can't on the other ... we're not symmetrical beings. Leaking is also not an indicator of supply. The only way you'd know for sure is to weigh the baby before and after it takes a breast, see how much they get from which breast throughout the day based on how much they weigh before and after the feeding.
    Anonymous