I am at my wits' end with my 29 mo old...

Over the last 3 weeks or so my son has been a little demon child. He has been hitting me, throwing things at me, headbutting me, pulling the dogs hair, screaming at me, pulling my hair...etc. and it isn't just when he's anrgy this is an all day thing. I tried the nice approach (mommy doesn't like it when you do that...) but it had NO effect, then I tried taking his fav. toys away, that just made it Worse, i tried time-out and that made him headbutt the wall behind the couch repeatedly (he now has a huge bruise on his forehead) I just don't know what else to do, I know its terrible, but I almost don't want to be around him. I am a SAHM and he is with me EVERY WAKING MOMENT! I have had enough! PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I'M BEGGING FOR ADVICE!

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So, get him involved in other things with other people. He could be as tired of being with you all day as you are with him. And, there's nothing wrong with that.....

Playdates, library time, etc. just get out and do things.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 12:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I agree with halfpint (love the name btw, except when I was called that most of my life). I would also not let him see you get flustered. My DD gets worse when I get flustered, it seems. So, I punish her and make sure she knows that mommy is doing other things while she is in time-out or whatever- it's not ruining my day, just hers. That takes the "excitement" out of it sometimes.
    I would try getting him out more, doing more activity- winter is vicious for making us stay indoors and get cabin fever. It's just a phase, most likely, so just stick to your guns and try to keep your cool. I have this "tone" I use that pisses DD off at first, then she concedes. It's an everyday battle that you will WIN, only to start another new "fun" phase. Best of luck.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 1:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Take him out to Applebees, get him a soda and you a beer and appetizers and just chill for an hour :)
    Anonymous

• My son likes to fight and he is the same age. We suck at stopping it. But when he goes too far like actually scratching and it leaves marks or blood. I grab him and make him say sorry then he has to just sit. But my son attacks everybody. I think for him it is because his brothers always rough house with him so he wants to play with everyone like that. But try getting him out of the house or some other activity. Actually you can just hold him until he stops. I saw that on Nanny911. LOL!
    lvnlifewthboys

Answer by lvnlifewthboys at 1:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son has gotten into this stage. I simply put him in time out and ignore him, letting him know that I don't want to be around him when he does this. I do the playdate thing and he does it there too. I take him out and won't let him play with the other kids and do the ignoreing thing.
    tensign

Answer by tensign at 7:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009