My figure is going... now that I'm in my 40's. I am frustrated with the way clothes look on me lately. I cannot seem to hide my 'kangaroo pouch,' and my breasts sag too much (even if I have a good bra) Is there anything in particular fashion- wise to look great again?

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 6:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Anything that sinches in at the waist will flatter your figure. something that is tight in the waist or right below your breasts and comes away from the body around your pouch. Try going to victorias secret and picking out a REALLY good bra, try alot of them on b4 you decide. Then just wear shirts that dont show any boobs when you bend over cause you usually cannot help them looking saggy when you bend down. Where do you live do you want to go shopping lol....I love picking out clothes for other ppl!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• flylady is affiliated with a webtise you have to pay for (i joined for like a month, got the jist, then quit) that helps a lot. I wish i could remember the site. it MIGHT be missussmartypants.com
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Wraparound dresses and blouses and babydoll tops camoflage most flaws.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Welcome to the club!

How big are your breasts? The reason I ask is because minimizer bras work wonders! Also, go for mid-rise jeans/pants (although they're hard to find because of the low-rise trend).

I also wear fitted, but not tight, tops (V-necks, button ups -- they can look sexy if worn right!)

I'd be careful with babydoll tops. Although they're cute on a lot of women, they can also make you look pregnant. Look through magazines and catalogs to find ideas, then shop locally to emulate the look.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 12:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree empire waists make everything look smaller, even if you are already small it is a nice mysterious look. Plus very slimming. You know what makes me happy find your favorite feature and accentuate it that will make you feel and look great.
    But flowy, not boxy, tops are the answer.
    Ever been to DOTS the clothing store or Debs they sell awesome clothes like that dirt cheap. Great way to experiment a new style.

Cass
    sexyjewelrychic

Answer by sexyjewelrychic at 10:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I completely understand! Here is a tip I tell all my customers. Wear jewelry! Jewelry is a great way to attract the eyes to another part of your body that you would prefer them to look at!!! :)
    ~Shay
    Like jewelry? Let's Chat!
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2008