My son is 12 months and he still does not sleep through the night, any advice?

I have tried keeping him up late, feeding him a filling meal before bed, withheld his nap and nothing is working does anyone have any advice for me?

KKsMom76

Asked by KKsMom76 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how many times a night does he get up? what time does he normally go to bed and what time does he wake in the morning?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My dd didn't sleep through the night until she was around 18 months old.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I started giving my LO a sippy of water to go to bed with, he was waking bc he was thirsty. It took a few nights of me getting up to help him get a drink, but after that he'd wake up and find the cup himself, have a drink and fall right back asleep.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 2:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Check out Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. Really helped us help our twins to become great nappers and sleep through the night. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more about it.
    Just an FYI, our schedule at that time was as follows:
    wake around 6:30, a.m. nap around 8:30, lunch at noon followed by a p.m. nap around 12:30, bed time 7p.m.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009