Should Bush pardon Ted Stevens?

Why?

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4733722.shtml

Friday

Asked by Friday at 1:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because hes president and can pardon whoever he wants.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I didn't ask can he, I asked should he.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• here here, gemgem!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Should is irrelevant, it's happening.
    Anonymous

• No. I don't really think that anyone should be pardoned.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 1:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• nope. Politicians should start having to pay for their crimes. They get off too easy as it is.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i cant believe this! i lived in AK for 4 years...that guy is insane! granted he did a lot of great things for the state before he went senile. but his many of his actions are questionable & he is obviously frauding the government. im just glad he didnt win re-election. woulda made me question the ppl of AK even more!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes.
    Why? Stevens didn't get fair trial. It was like kind of witch hunt. Last week the FBI agent who was working in Stevens case come out and said he didn't get fair treatment.
    Anonymous

• If he is a democrat, I think he needs to get another trial due to the recent events of the Seigalman case in AL being a set up from the government to get him kicked out of the the running for governor again. He was one of the best governors that AL has ever had!! I have always believed that he was innocent and he got out and now his case is being investigated by the sepream court!!
    Anonymous

• There are many things that were questionable in the Stevens case. I think he should have a new trial.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009