Lost?

Ok I think I have lost myself. Between being a sahm raising our 14 month old and maintaining the house...where did I go? I have let alot of things go just to ensure the happiness of my daughter and Dada. I barely see my friends and when I do I feel and look so worn down. Dad works to make sure bills are paid and he helps "A LIL" around the house but I have to ask, he never takes charge and just does it because he knows it has to be done. I need help getting out of this funk and getting back to being me...I have tried to talk to dad and and although I think he gets it I just don't think it sinks in...Help!!!

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Losing oneself can be dangerous. It can lead to you becoming an extension of someone else instead of you. Take time for you. Make appts if you need to for dad to have alone time with the baby so you can have some time to yourself. Take a class. Go to a museum or a plantetarium or whatever interests you. Take up a hobby or just go to a library or park and read. Maintain the u in You!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It sounds like money is tight on top of all of that :( Do yourself a favor and find someone to exchange babysitting with. You watch their kid(s) for a few hours a day/week and they'll watch yours in exchange. This is your time though and you choose how to spend it. You don't have to clean, you don't have to go on a date with your husband, you don't have to do anything if you want to.
    Best of luck to you dear!

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You can't rely on your SO to help you find yourself. That is not his responsibility. Start setting aside some ME time. Join a class once a week. Do your hair and paint your nails at home (just for the heck of it). Start doing some of the things that you like to do. Call up your friends and arrange to meet at the park or to grab a bite to eat. You already recognize it, so do it. You will start to get you back soon enough. You owe it to yourself. We make our own happiness!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• THIS IS SOMETHING THAT COMES FROM BEING A MOM, EVERYONE OF US HAVE LOST OURSELVES AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER, WE BECOME, SO AND SO MOM AND EVEN OUR NAME SOMETIMES GETS LOST TOO. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, AND I KNOW YOUR MAIN FUNCTION IS TO KEEP YOUR BABY GIRL HAPPY AND SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE YOU LOST YOURSELF, BUT DON'T DESPAIR, IN THE LONG RUN YOU WHO YOU ARE AND IT HAS BEEN PUT IN THE BACK BURNER FOR NOW. YOU NEED TIME FOR YOURSELF, ARRANGE IT SO THAT IT HAPPENS ON A REGULAR BASIS, I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY FIND YOURSELF AGAIN SOON.

Answer by older at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009