smokers?

I'm just curious I'm a smoker I have a 14 month old. I NEVER EVER smoke in front of my daughter. I have a separate room windows open at all times...I wash my hands and face after...just wondering anyone else out there???

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I quit smoking the day before my daughter came to us (adopted) because I didn't want to go through all of that.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• They just completed a study on 3rd hand smoke and the dangers to children. I guess it's the smoke left on your clothing, hair, etc that the child then has direct contact with.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yep I smoke and do the same as you do. Mostly though I smoke outside not in another room.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I used to smoke outside when my kids were younger because I thought that was better. Now I'm a non-smoker and I can't believe I walked around smelling like that! I can now smell what smokers smell like and BLECH! It's nasty and I'm sorry I ever put my kids through that. They are the same way...when they pass a smoker in a store they wrinkle their noses and go 'ew...she smells like smoke'...so glad I quit!
    Anonymous

• I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant and after I had my son I went to smoke one and about gagged! I never smoke now, unless I'm drinking and then Im not around my son at all. My fiance smokes, but he goes outside. I heard about that new 3rd hand smoke study. That really worries me because I do know how nasty my man smells when he comes back inside from smoking...I dont even want to kiss him it stinks so bad...I would just try quitting. Its better for your daughter and for you!!
    ariel_n

Answer by ariel_n at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I smoke outside only and don't let anyone smoke in my house. I started doing it hoping that the cold north winter would make me quit, that was 12 years ago!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I quit smoking too back in dec of 2005 I had a bad case of pneumonia thank god cause it helped me realize what its like to not be able to breathe. when I came home I realized how aweful my home smelled,and even the hubby stunk so bad I was gasping for air,it actually sent me back to the hospital. When i got there my blood pressure was super low ciould not get enough air to save my life. It took me 6 months to get over my sickness and 2 yrs to clean up all the nasty clothes and smoke smell outta the house. I apologized to all my kids for the torture I put them through and made a promise that I would never smoke ever again. I cant even stand to be near someone who smells of cigs.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I smoked after my second baby was born i smoked outside. and i had a shirt that i left outside that i would put on when i did so that there was no smoke on mine when i went back inside. as for it being in my hair i dont have an answer to that one. but i did wash my hands and arms and then my face and after that i put sanitizer on my hands and arms. I did not want her to get any of it. i dont smoke anymore just one every now and then and i do the same thing as i did then.
    Anonymous

• ill smoke in the bathroom w/ window open or outside.. i was my hands and use purell.
    Anonymous