Is it normal for me to bleed this much?

I just had my daughter December 1st . Well I bled for 5 weeks and stopped for about a week. Now I'm bleeding again and it's alot. I'm worried about it. Also by bleeding I mean my period.

bama_mama

Asked by bama_mama at 1:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• It could be your period. I bled off and on with my last for about 7 weeks. I was told it was normal.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I remember the bleeding stopping for a while and then starting back up. I was a little nervous, but it subsided again after about 2 weeks. I think I may have been pushing myself a little too hard (exerting too much energy). If it's more than it was at the beginning or is making you nervous, you should definitely call your doctor and see what they say.
    GinaNewMom2008

Answer by GinaNewMom2008 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yea i went through about the same thing, but it wasnt my period, it was more lochia... (around 6-7 weeks PP) i was doing too much, i had to relax for the lochia to stop.. Im nursing, so once it stopped again I havent had a period since (shes 6 months now)
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think it can be really heavy the first time back, if I remember right. It's been a long time since my last baby, though. I like the ask the doctor plan, internet girlfriend. Just to be safe.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2009