If you have an Ultrasound and the tec see's your pregnant, is she allowed to tell you? Because they aren't allowed to tell you if they see anything wrong... If you ask if everything looks okay, they just say the dr will tell you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• Nope. The only person can tell you is your doctor (or they can give someone else permission after your physician is contacted). When we lost our daughter, the ultrasound tech did a u/s to see why she wasn't moving. She couldn't tell me anything. She did inform the nurses who then called my doctor who then gave them permission to deliver the news. (I was in the er and he was on vacation)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't think so.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• the ultra sound tech cant tell you that your pregnant. Only the dr who has to confirm it with the results can tell you.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hmmm.. thanks guys. I had an ultra sound today because I haven't had my period and have been having pains in my sides and they just wanted to make sure everything was okay.. and when she first started she said.. WOW or WELL.. I forget which one but I didn't ask why or what. she just kept doing it. I really don't think I'm pregnant but ya know its just a thought in the back of my mind!!
    Anonymous