long distance realtionships??

a friend of mine i know is a young teenager and she just had a baby and her bf moved away like a few day after the baby was born 9 hours away and its been that way for a few months already.... but i was thinking you know how they say long distance realtionships dont work... what about if you have children???????? and lived 9 hours away as teenager

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• When I was a teen I had a long dstance relationship. He lived in Rhode Island and I lived in New York. I wanted it to work. He was my first love. But eventually we broke up. We lost touch after I got engaged.

Then with my ex-fiance we tried long distance. We were both in the military. I was stationed in California and he in Virginia. We broke up a year after being engaged.

I'm no longer in the military but my husband is. There have been many times where we have been far apart. The longest was a little over a year. We have two children. It's always worked for us, though it was difficult. But I think that because I love him more than I've ever loved a guy it's worked.

IMO if you're in love enough it can work. But it's not easy.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Relationship are hard enough when you both live in the same state....Long distance relationship are much harder.. I tried it once and through that out the window..I don't think that having a child will keep the relationship between the mother and father alive unless they both are wanting it and are willing to work together as a team. Long Distance relationship are by far harder than anyother relationship.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Chances aren't very good. If they are both teenagers they don't have any means to travel very freely to see each other. And also since they are young, they are both going to evolve and develop new relationships. It's not impossible, but I don't see it happening.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• the saying is that it seldom works... but it can work if they both communicate, if they both want to make it work. It's possible, just not as likely without the maturity.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i dont think it can work especially if wither or the two go to college they will meet new ppl adn explore new things.. as a teenager u already have a hard enough time being stable cuz your so confused butgod bless them for tryin. its lifes trial and error that make live worth living
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2009