Is this normal for a 3 week old

My son will be 3 weeks the 21st and he eats 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours. He is on formula he also can flip from his stomah to his back. Isnt it to early.

RachelOverkamp

Asked by RachelOverkamp at 1:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't remember how much formula a 3 week old should have. I nursed my daughter until she was 5 months. But she did nurse a lot!

As for flipping over...it sounds a bit early. But nothing to be conserned about. Babies don't develop on a nice organized time table. Some are earlier at somethings while later at others. Nothing to worry about.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i would say yes my daughter would feed about every 2-4 hours and eat about 3-4oz if you are worried i would call his doctor as for him flipping over and all babies are all different in learning things
    Anonymous

• Good little eater you have there! That is perfectly normal for both of your questions. My son is almost 3 months old and he actualy eats more than that, and did from the first day. As far as rolling over, my first born son was an early starter. He was rolling by one month, he was talking by three months, rolling and scooting by 4 months, full out crawling by 6 months, and full blown walking by 9 months. My next child didn't start any of that till well after 6 months, and my littlest is starting to roll over, and will turn himself in circles. He started saying momma a litte. Every child is diffrent, congrats and enjoy :-D
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 2:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• dont know about formula- abby was nursed.. but she ate ALL the time.. like every 1.5 hours haha. she also rolled over a few times when she was 3 weeks old then she stopped and started again when she was about 1.5 months
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I dont know about the formula, I breastfeed. My daughter also rolled over that early, but stopped when she was about two months. Her doctor said it was a reflex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2009