i am 30 weeks pregnant, throughout my whole pregnancy i have been home, bcuz i jusbe so exhasted. i normally work and maintain myself, but lately, i cant afford to do my hair bcuz i have better things to worry about. my boyfriend calls me names. he says i look a mess and that im fat and ugly and how he miss the girl he met 5 yrs ago. What should i do? my self esteem went from a 10 to a 0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you the same person who wrote about her boyfriend making fun of her BV?

Leave him. He's not worth it. Any man who will disrespect a woman like that doesn't truly love her. And it'll only get worse.

Hate to say it hon but this is abuse. It's toxic and you and your baby deserve much better!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If your best friend came to you with that scenario what would you tell her? Probably that he is no good and you should leave him. He is mentally abusing you, do you want him to do this to your child? And now that he has your self esteem is so low it makes it so much harder for you to have the courage to stand up to him. Don't listen to his insults, you are absolutely beautiful, every woman is and being pregnant makes you even more beautiful.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 2:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• he is just being stuped, you will get your body back when yo have your baby. Mabe not 100% but you will, and remember a women becomes a mom when she gets prego a man becomes a father whe he see you have her / him!
    you just relax and get rady for you BABY to come!!!
    LoveMyKacie

Answer by LoveMyKacie at 2:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I kno it's hard bcuz i'm 27 wks pregnant. I get that sometimes u just don't feel like it. On the other hand it only takes one good time to go get ur feet and hair done and u should b back on track. Men don't understand how it feels to be pregnant so don't be so hard on him for not understanding. The name calling is a bit much i will say. The best thing to do is show em betta than u can tell em. Meaning take a day and get that good hairdo and that good-good pedicure which should instantly boost ur self esteem and just try to do ur best to play dress up like 3 or 4 days out of the week.
    jasjasmom

Answer by jasjasmom at 2:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• WOW.... You've been through a rough time. You definitely need to surround yourself with friends and leave the nasty boyfriend in the dust! ~ Do you have anyone near you to lean on? Maybe a safe place to stay until you get yourself back together WITHOUT him?!?!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009