Milk....EVERYWHERE!!! How the heck do I even punish this?!

I put our son to bed and went out in the back yard to water the garden. I go to come back in and see something dripping out of our upstairs window. I quickly realized what it was - MILK. I run upstairs and find my son smearing milk from his bottle all over EVERYTHING. It was on his bed (no fun to wash because he sleeps in a queen size bed so washing the comforter takes forever), the walls, and you guessed it - all over the window. He was still happily slinging milk at the window when I walked in his bedroom door.

Seriously - how the heck do you even punish this? I mean, I don't want to spank him (we do spank *occasionally* in this house) because it's right before bed and then he would be mad and not sleep. I can't take the bottle away because he's not weaned from it (not good, I know that!). I can't distract him from it because his bed is right at the window...

urgh, suggestions?!

MamaPyratekk

Asked by MamaPyratekk at 7:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh I forgot to add - and what can I use to clean the outside of the house now? I can't climb a ladder because it's really high up and I'm pregnant so my balance is off. I don't want nasty milk to get all dried up on our house :-/. My husband got called into work and won't be home for hours...so I can't get him to do it either.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• you could try to use the hose if you have one.... when it comes to disipline, i don't know how i'd handle that other than taking the bottle away. (my 14 month old still gets one at bedtime too!) If he's playing with it, he's probably not thirsty yet! hope i helped a little!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try to use the hose to celan the window, or clean it from the upstairs. Dump some water down it. lol
    And as far a disapline goes I would tell him that tahr=t is not exceptable behavior and make him help you wipe it up. Then put him to bed without a bottle. And if he crys let him. He will cry himself to sleep in no time.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• hE IS TELLING YOU IT'S TIME TO START TO SIPPY CUPS MILK WILL DRY YOU CAN FLACK IT OFF CLEAN LATER (WALLS) wash BEDSPREAD and all that stuff. Give him a drink and say nite nite HE's A BIG BOY NOW
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 9:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• how old is he? i'd make him wipe it up and then i'd tell him that he cna't have milk at bedtime anymore. if you don't want to take the bottle away, give him water. at least that dries without too much damage...also, just wondering, if he got teh milk out of hte window...is it possibly time to childproof the window?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Now is the time to to wean
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008