Is there such a thing as feeling too good when pregnant?

I have had two miscarriages in the past, right before I became pregnant this time. I am just now 17 weeks, and find that I am slightly paranoid about things being wrong. I am a nurse, so weekly I check the heartrate at work, but I worry because my breasts don't hurt, my belly isn't really that much bigger, and I don't feel the baby move. I don't know if I am afraid of something bad or if being pregnant is just still so surreal since I don't have any obvious signs yet. Has anyone else felt like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women make all the other women mad by having the easiest possible pregnancy. I say if there's a heartbeat, try to relax and enjoy the fact that you've skipped so many of the woes pregnancy women endure!!
    Sabella24

Answer by Sabella24 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• its still a little early to feel the baby, i wouldnt worry till 22 wks. you're belly isnt growing that much bigger right now becuase technically this is your first baby your carrying inside you. it takes alot longer for first timers than 2nd or 3rd timers, and woman be grateful your boobies dont hurt!! every things ok if you hear that little heart beat!! you're a nurse so You of all people should know Do Not Stress!! its like the worst thing you can do to mis carry! i know you're paranoid becuase you've had 2 already and i dont know how far you carried them before you miscarried, but you're almost 5 months now, and if that heart beat is nice and strong, you're probably fine!! quit being a worry wort!! and good luck!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had the horrible symptoms in my first trimester, but once i stopped feeling so nauseous and my boobs stopped hurting so bad, I got worried as well. It was surreal for a few weeks, like I had imagined the whole thing..but now I'm showing and I'm starting to get back pain...those symtoms can be so reassuring. you'll see, don't worry.
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I felt awful my first pregnancy becuz of swelling. This pregnancy I felt alwful in the beginning, but now I honestly don't feel awful. I get tired more easily, and don't sleep the greatest, but overall I really can't complain. I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy. You should be feeling movement soon, and you'll love it! Its the best!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It's only normal to be concerned. Try to relax and not stress out too much this is not good for the baby. Congratulations!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 4:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I felt great all through out my first pregnancy. Never morning sick, no breast pain, etc. This one I got morning sickness and such, but felt really good from 14 weeks to now (29 weeks). I think for me, I had such severe bleeding with my first, that I felt so good this time because of not bleeding. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009