HELP!!!! My 6 year old urinated in the floor vent in his room!

This morning, my 6 year old son very casually informed me that he has been urinating in the vent in his room. I had noticed a faint oder about a week ago, which has been growing stronger. I assumed that it was the fish tank in his room (we are pet-sitting my sister's fish and the filter broke), but apparently I was wrong! His room is right above mine, and both rooms stink like pee! And it's even worse when the heat comes on. I am just beside myself on what I should do. To say that I am angry would be an understatement. Do we have to get our ducts cleaned by a professional? How do I get rid of this awful smell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• lmao I am sorry I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you. These are the things you look back on and tell his wife. You probably need to call someone to get the smell out all the way.

Answer by gemgem at 2:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If you can un screw them, just take some white vinager and whip down as far as you can go... It would cost a fortune for some one to come in and do them i would think... I take mine out and do it all the time, the kitchen one gets just rank...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Sorry I have no advice for you but my hubby and his cousin did this same thing to his sister who had a room right below them. His parents made her use rubber sheets and underwear. Thank goodness she forgave them when they all grew up : )
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My MIL told how her boys would open the bureau drawers in their room and go in those! LOL.

Unless you can pull them all the way out or reach down the total distance I don't see any way- even a mop. I'd say professional cleaning may be the only way.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I am so glad you posted this! I thought my boy is the only one who ever did this! Thankfully he stopped after I caught him. I know of the smell you are talking about. I thought something in our home had died! I took the vent cover off and cleaned in it as far as I could reach. Then I opened the windows and hung up car air fresheners. It helped with the smell and after two months the smell was gone. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• LOL! Sorry! that one will go down in history in you family stories! I'm not sure how to solve your problem. I know it's so not funny now. (still L-ingMAO) I don't know how safe it is, but you can maybe try counteracting the odor by spraying a urine neutralizer like Natures Miracle or Simple Green. They sell it in the pet stores. Hey, pee is pee. It just might work.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• OMG! I had to laugh my son at 9 peeded out my daughters bedroom window and all over my van and one of the neighbors caught him, I was furious and today my daughter who is also 6 yrs old decided that she could not walk because she needed to be so bad she stood on the sidewalk opened her legs and pissed everywhere through her clothes. I know how frustrating it can be. Try searching google for some advice on home remedies... Good Luck!!!
    MOMMALOVE629

Answer by MOMMALOVE629 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009