Hair cuts

when do you know when its time to get your childs (son) their first hair cut? My sons hair is thin but getting kind of long I dont know if I should cut it or let it grow.. I dont want him looking like a girl.

cheermickey

Asked by cheermickey at 2:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my son's hair cut around 10 months. I think any time you feel he needs it will be fine, but just know he may look older and less like a baby after it's cut!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I got my first dd hair cut when she was like 1.5 and she still didnt have enough to cut i just cut enough for her baby book she didn't need her first hair cut hair cut until she was I think 2.5 my youngest is 12 months old she has peach fuzz right now.
    But on your ? when do you know I would say when they can't see lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son is 16 months and has had about 6 or more haircuts!
    Anonymous

• my son had very fine very light colored hair but it got very long all of a sudden when he was about 5 months old. i began getting him used to the sound of the electric hair trimmer, and then started giving him buzz-cuts. since he was so litlte when i started I think he is used to it. i cut his hair like that about once every two months or so. i never use scissors as he cannot sit still and i don't want to scratch or cut him, and i can do a little buzz then let him play, do a little more- then let him play, etc. as long as i complete the cut in same day- no one sees him looking funny. if i didn't do it like this i would probably pay (an arm and leg) for a pro to do it in a kids specialty salon.
    stillgrowing

Answer by stillgrowing at 3:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009