What are the best teething remedies?

My son is 5 months old and cutting teeth. He's really fussy during the day, has lost some of his appetite and sleeps more than usual recently. Is there anything you recommend that helped your little one during this time?

Natalie2727

Asked by Natalie2727 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used Hyland's teething tablets for both of my daughters. They work miricals! You can get them at wal mart or I think wal greens
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hylands teething tablets. I love them!

Also there's an herbal remedy from "Herbs for Kids" called "gum-omile".. It works wonders and you just rub them on the gums, it's all herbal! I love it :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son loved frozen carrot sticks, and frozen cantalope...and frozen wash rags.frozen pacifers..
    or some children love it when they are warmed up.....
    I gave him a little motrin ( doctor approved) before bedtime...and during the day i would give frozen stuff or teething tablets if he wasn't liking the frozen or warmed up stuff....
    He just loved to chew on the remote, I have no idea why he stills loves to chew on it, except he can now scratch off the # with his 2 bottom teeth, so no more remote....You will eventually find some relief some how some way.....
    Lots of love and cuddles will help
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hyland teething tablets work great. Give your baby a cold wash cloth to chew on.
    adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009