Feeding 4 month old

Today is the first day we are going to start on rice cereal!! Yeah!! He is currently taking 8 oz of formula and starting on a tablespoon of cereal. Do I still give him the 8 oz of formula before I give him cereal or do I give him less formula with the tablespoon of cereal?? I'm confused. :o)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What I did with my boys was give him the cearl and if he still seems a little hungry after since it can tend to get all over if you spoon feed him...then id give 2 oz or 4oz!! good luck I was always soo excited!!
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Always give the bottle first and the same amount... the most important part of his diet is the formula. Foods at this point are for practice not nutrition. Then if he wants to take cereal offer it after.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• thats why you make the cearal with the formula my doc always said give ceral first
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• WOW I was so happy to start real food. I do give my little girl a 4-6 ounce of milk before her meal. I do make all her food myself. I started her on avocado for her first meal. Thats the best most gentlest thing for them. Enjoy!! And look into making your own food by hand...You put your love into it.... And you can say they really eat moms food.....I would feed milk first then food...
    kushbear

Answer by kushbear at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• With only a tablespoon, it doesn't really matter.

When he starts taking more and eating baby food and/or table foods, that's when you have to watch it. See how he does. Mine would eat 2 jars of stage 2 food (at 6 months) and still take 8oz of formula!! We just always gave formula WITH the meal (we drink with our meals...sounded logical to us lol)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009