need some help

I just restarted a local mom's group (on yahoo) after the one i was in shut down. I plan on having get togethers with local mom's for playdates. I have invited several people that live in the area and it just seems like no one is joining even thou they say they are interested in the group! It has been up for several days now and after 15 or so invites i still have no one applying! Do any of you have a group off of Cafemom and if so how did you get people to join?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do, but it is not a local group, it is a "whoever wants to join" group. Do you have membership restricted to invited only or by approval only? That might be part of the problem. Some people want to just join groups to get a feel for them before they commit, but if they have to jump through hoops to do it, they won't bother. Does your group have anything special going for it? Like a bunch of links to area attractions, information about upcoming community events for children, etc...People will join just to be able to access the community information, then maybe will start posting and participating, too. Good luck!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009