They have been calling like 6 times a day.

I have been noticing this number come up on my cell phone. When it rings it does it for just a second. Not even enough to know it rang sometimes unless you look at the phone and see a missed call. It was a number i didn't know so i didn't worry about it. It has been poping up for about 2 weeks now. Well today, i called it back and it was the wells fargo recording about my account being overdrawn. duh i know its overdrawn. I got the notice in the mail. They paid the check and did not return. it. I havn't had the money to cover the overdraft, but havn't wrote anymore checks on the account . They seriously call about 6 times a day and up into the late everning. But it barely rings. I have never known of a bank to constantly call a customer because there account is in the minus. It is only like @125.00 overdrawn. It not like ats 600.00. Anyone ever had this happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• We had this with my hubbys school loan. They would call us a ton of times a day and then they began calling my family. What are you to do if you just do not have the money to pay? Every one has tough times in life why do they have to make it harder?
    Anonymous

• I would do some research to see if something like that qualifies for harassment. I'm not sure if it would, but that's just annoying! You could also try calling the bank and speaking to someone yourself to work out a pay-back plan...that way they can not call you like that anymore. Oh...and you do want to try to pay that $$$ back ASAP, cuz lots of banks charge you per day you are overdrawn, so you could be getting dinged for like $30 per day you don't pay.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Call the bank. This is harassment and is ILLEGAL. Let them know it

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have banked with them for years and made a mistake or two in that time. They never called me. They are a very good bank in my humble opinion. It may be only 125 but it is still their money. Contact them and let them know you plan to correct this and you don't want them to call you anymore. You want all communication to come in writing.  Whining will not get the calls to stop you need to take action.

Anonymous

• Well, i have worked at 2 different banks before and i have never heard of that. If a customer goes overdrawn and the bank pays the item, if they don'w cover it with in a certain amount of time they just charged the account off. They did not call and harass the customer like that. I mean if the bank didn't want to take the risk, they shouldn't have paid the item. They should have returned it. They put themselves in that position.
    Anonymous