Nap time.

I have a 2 year old that is refuseing to take naps. I know she is tired because she just get cranky and everything upsets her. But she will not sleep. I put her in her bed and turn the T.V. off in her room but she plays or sits in there and crys. It doesn't matter what I do..... If I rock her she crys, if I ask her is she wants a cup of milk she crys. I don't know what do anymore I'm at my wits end with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would let my daughter, now 3, cry herself to sleep. That only had to happen 2 times and she understood that nap time was something that had to happen!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have the same problem with my almost 2 year old son. He hasn't been taking naps for almost 2 months. I tried everything. He does seem to get cranky around dinner time, but bedtime has been a breeze. After dinner he takes a bath and is usually in bed by 7 and will sleep until about 8:30 the next morning. This seems to work for us. I do miss nap time, especially since I am pregnant and would like to nap too...lol. I don't really like to just let him cry. I have tried it and it does not work for us.
    Keene

Answer by Keene at 3:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My 17 month old was on nap strike for a few weeks. It was torture. She was miserable and cranky and from 5:00 on, in general a nightmare to live with. Now, I just put her to bed in the afternoon when she gets loopy and cranky. She'll fight it sometimes, but there just can't be a choice.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 4:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my 2 1/2 yr old doesnt take naps he hasnt in months i know he is tired it is always around 12-1 he gets cranky and throws fits but he wont sleep i have tried so i just give up. so i put him to be earlier. he used to go to sleep at 8:30-9 now he goes to sleep at 7:30 and will wake up at 8am he sleeps through to the next morning except getting up to go to the potty. So I have few advice for you other then just stop naps all together.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My two older kids (24 & 17) took naps till they were 5. As they got older, they got to where they didn't always sleep, but they had to stay in their beds and be quiet. Now, My 2 & 3 year old don't always go to sleep, but they have to stay in their beds and rest. If they want to look at a book, they can, but they have to be in their beds and quiet. They do sleep 98% of the time right now, but as they get older, they'll be in the habit of being in their beds resting, until they turn 5.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009