• In the Spotlight:

it seems that all my 10 months old wants to do is be held all day every day and now that im starting collage in the fall online im kind of worried i wont be able to get my work done on time. He doesnt take naps and he fights sleep for hours too plzz help

TannaDunlap

Asked by TannaDunlap at 7:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start setting him down often. Sit with him and engage him in some sort of book or toy. As he becomes interested/ engrossed, get up and walk nearby to do something else. Try to get him used to playing and "reading" on his own with mommy in eye shot.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My son is 5 mos and he is like that too, he doesnt nap or sleep very well, and he seems to need constant attention, especially being held. I put him in his jumperoo and keep him in my sight when im doing most things in the house..hell cry and fuss and go crazy, but im trying to show him that he needs to entertain himself and that I have a life of my own to maintain as well. Im instilling habits into him, so that would be my suggestion. Just let him cry and be upset if thats what he does but assure him you still love him and play with him when you do get a chance! hope it helps a ittle
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 10:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• try something fuzzy blacket toy something along that lines i works
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think i might be able to help. Do you have a set scheulde for the baby? Imean, can you predict when he's going to get sleepy? How much does he eat during the day? DO you have a bedtime routine? something predictable fo rhim? message me an di'll try to help...
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008