Ultrasound ? (repost from earlier)

If you have an Ultrasound and the tec see's your pregnant, is she allowed to tell you? Because they aren't allowed to tell you if they see anything wrong... If you ask if everything looks okay, they just say the dr will tell you
I had an ultra sound today because I haven't had my period and have been having pains in my sides and they just wanted to make sure everything was okay.. and when she first started she said.. WOW or WELL.. I forget which one but I didn't ask why or what. she just kept doing it. I really don't think I'm pregnant but ya know its just a thought in the back of my mind!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• I would call your doctor (if a doctor ordered your u/s). When I found out I was pregnant, the u/s tech then found it was twins and said the doctor should call me because she wasn't allowed to tell me it was 2 (she did, I mean how do you hide that?). Well my doctor NEVER called me so I ended up calling the office a few days later and they just said "oh yeah, everything is fine and it is 2, we'll see you in a month". Don't rely on doctors calling you...
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 6:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• (i haven't had a period since september)
    Anonymous

• no i dont think so
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• its hard to tell but im sure if you were just pregnant your dr would have called you back already. Did you not get to see your dr right after the u/s? If you were watching the u/s i think you would have noticed if you were pregnant its pretty clear even for someone who doesnt know what to look for.
    Anonymous

• nope didn't get to see the dr.. the tech said they usually will call me by the end of the week with the results. and I know since i've had an ultrasound before i should know what it looks like but i'm just thinking well maybe if its early on i would't be able to tell and she was doing an ultra sound of my whole lower stomach so its not zoomed on just a baby like they usually do when you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I AGREE IT IS SO UPSETTING TO have an ultrasound and not get immediate results. I left one hospital and ob because of that policy. Try to relax though while you wait and know that if it were a life and death situation, eptopic pregnancy, the results would have been given immediately. Did you have to have the us done at a hospital and your doctor sent you there for it, instead of in your doctors office by a tech? When my husband had a heart us it was in the doctors office and the tech told us that if it were urgent, doctors would be brought in immediately to discuss findings. Hope everything's ok!! I've had pelvic ultrasounds to endo and separately for ovarian cysts and my endo just suddenly happened with no prior symptoms. Hope everything's ok, i know the wait is hard and scary.
    Anonymous

• thanks anon!! It was done at a my ob/gyn office. she said that I should hear from the dr tomorrow, however it could take til the end of the week. ugh i just hate waiting =\
    Anonymous

• Watch the screen and look for dark and light patches. Did you see anything moving around that looked like a baby? If your last period was in September, there would have been something moving. If there was a solid mass or something to worry about, you might have seen that too....though if it was a regular ultrasound, it might not be as clear as a transvaginal one for the uterus area if something was small...I think..
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 3:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would have outright asked wht the tech thought they saw....off the record. And yes I have done that before. Anyone says wow or well about my insides it becomes my right to ask what has shocked/impressed them so much.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i did ask she told me she couldn't tell me anything that the doctor would let me know if anything is wrong.
    Anonymous