Does the tooth fairy take the teeth?

My DD will lose her first tooth any day now. Does the fairy take them or do I let her think I am suppose to keep them? Do you just put the tooth under her pillow or in something?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 10:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2012 in General Parenting

• yes you put the tooth under the pillow. You take the tooth and hide it from the kids. put the tooth in a small jar.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2012

• Yes the tooth fairy takes the tooth and leaves money in exchange. Ask you friends what the rate is in your area and group.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2012

• I take the teeth and leave the money. I kept the first tooth, but have thrown the rest out. It was $5 for the first one and $1 for the rest around here. Inflation is gonna kill this tooth fairy. LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2012

• I kept the first tooth. I've honestly tossed the others.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2012

• I always take the teeth and leave either money, a dvd, music cd, etc..
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2012

• They put them in an envelope, under the pillow, which makes it easier for the tooth fairy to find. Fairy takes them and throws them away and leave $1 per tooth. My kids have swallowed their teeth at dinner or have it gone down the drain when brushing their teeth. When that happens they write a note to the tooth fairy, telling her what happened and leaves that in an envelope as well. The tooth fairy still gives them money for that tooth even though it may have been swallowed or found it's way down the drain.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2012

• Yes, the tooth fairy takes the tooth so it gets recycled and becomes the new tooth for a teething baby somewhere in the world. The tooth needs to be replaced with a coin. Our tooth fairy always left the kids a susan b. anthony dollar coin. Didn't you read the manual?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2012

• You put it under the pillow and then when shes asleep take it and replace it with money. I never kept their teeth. Some people do.

Answer by gemgem at 12:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2012

• We have the kid's put it a glass of water next to the bed. Easy to find, and can explain the tooth fairy likes them clean! :-) We kept the first one and are now throwing them away.
    newmommy87

Answer by newmommy87 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2012

• My oldest hasn't lost any teeth yet, but when I was a kid, we always put teeth under our pillow, and they were gone in the morning with money in their place.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 1:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2012