• In the Spotlight:

My son is regressing with potty training. He was doing great and telling me he had to go and then all of a sudden he seemed to just stop and goes in his pants. What can I do?

athensangel

Asked by athensangel at 3:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start taking him at set times to keep up his confidence until he is willing to tell you he needs to go again.
    Potty training usually is a case of two steps forward, one step back. It is common for kids to do great and then stop. Usually it's because they are stressed over something. It could be a new school, a new teacher, a kid pushed him at the playground, or even a developmental leap in a completely different area.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my son did they same thing. Although we had just started, he loved sitting on his potty chair and thought he was so grown up wearing his underware, but now he freaks out if i ask him if he needs to use the potty. I just kind of let him go if he wants to. I dont force him because he will freak out and throw a fit. just give it some time i think it will happen when he's ready
    kclick213

Answer by kclick213 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009