My son is having such troubles with his naps .. HELP!

My son is 19mnths old - he normaly only takes one nap a day from about 12-3. Normaly I say to him, "you want to get a 'baba' and go to bed?" he walks over to the baby gate and waves bye...

Lately he has started to cry when i put him in his crib. Today he cried for 2 hrs and wouldnt go to sleep. When I went to check on him, I said to him "are you tired?" he shook his head yes. "I said do you want to go to sleep?" He shook his head yes.

I dont understand why he is having such hard time going to sleep. He is so tired and the routine hasnt changed any..I dont understand it.

coltonsmum523

Asked by coltonsmum523 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is he teething at all? he could be in pain and not be able to rest. Or he could be scared of something and doesnt understand.
    kclick213

Answer by kclick213 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my son was doing the same thing for a while then i realized i had left the closet open a lil with a piece of shirt sticking out and the fan made it move i fixed that and he was fine.
    QT_Nikie

Answer by QT_Nikie at 7:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• what I do before nap time is make sure my twins (4) had a good play, had lunch, I read them books, and I nap with them.  They nap for at least two hours I nap for a hour I need rest too!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my daughter got like that while teething.
    HollieSpirit

Answer by HollieSpirit at 1:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009