• In the Spotlight:

What words do you use other than swear words?

I try not to swear in front of my kids, so I catch myself saying such creative (?!?) phrases as blast it, doggone it, swizzlesticks, etc. What do you other moms say? lol

FL_momof2

Asked by FL_momof2 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Fudge muffin (no clue why, lol). I've also said "Son of a nutcracker" which I think I got from the movie Elf.

One of my boys says "fishsticks" LOL!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I seem to come up with a new one everyday, although recently it's been "bananas!"
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I say "ahh poo" in front of my niece and nephew, and mostly I end up kind of grunting and making odd noises because I catch myself about to cuss and in the middle of it I stop myself and it sounds funny!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 4:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I haven't yet learned to bite my tongue infront of my 2 year old *blush*
    But I have learned not to cuss in front of my grandparents b/c when I was a child you would get a slap across the face if you cussed. In front of them I say "friggin" (my grandmother hates the word freakin) "crap", "darn"..you know the usual stuff. But if I want to get away with cussing I just talk about someone they really dislike and they don't mind if I say bad words...haha. Or I repeat something that someone said, since I didn't say it originally they don't blame me for the words...great double standard huh?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 4:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• cunt...hooker...
    Anonymous

• "God bless America!" and "Faaaaaaa" come out of my mouth most often
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• "For crying out loud!" Crapola . . . Dag Nabbit!! Shizer!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i use to work at a day care with a little boy that had anger problems. he would just yell and throw stuff. his mom taught him to say names of food when he was mad. it was really funny he would be trowing a fit so the teacher would put him in the corner and he would be screaming things like "FRENCH FRIES!!!!" "CHEESEBURGER!!!" "PICKELS!!!" LOL ! it was hilarous!
    Anonymous

• An oldie, "Goodness Gracious."
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 6:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my son taught me darnit sauce,,, thnk sponge bob says it
    Anonymous