How do I get my two year old to sleep through the night again?

My daughter slept through the night at 4 weeks old but all of a sudden at 1 1/2 she started waking up in the middle of the night and screams like crazy! I just do not understand please help!!

Swimmingvs

Asked by Swimmingvs at 8:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have to just let mine cry, if I even open the door she screams even louder. If I don't smell #2 I just let her cry she stops in like 2 minutes or less. Then I will make sure she's asleep and look at her to make sure she's comfy, nothing stuck on her anywhere, but that's me
    valerieiveliss

Answer by valerieiveliss at 10:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• No naps
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• 18 months is way too young for no naps and being sleep deprived will make her nights even worse! My daughter did the same thing too. Turns out she just needed a big girl bed. For us that just meant converting her crib to a toddler bed. IF you have a convertable crib you may want to try that. Also, like I said , if she isnt etting a nap during the day and is going to bed super tired she will be up all night. Make sure she is getting enough sleep.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 12:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• She takes a two hour nap, if she does not get a nap then she is even worse just like hadassasmommmy said. She has been in a big girl bed for over 6 months, she climbed out of her crib at 1. I am just lost for what else to do!
    Swimmingvs

Answer by Swimmingvs at 11:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Oh man! My daughter just got over that--from 14 1/2 months until the end of 18 months, she would wake up and scream in the middle of the night, and it was very hard to get her to go to sleep. It turns out that it was her molars popping through. You always hear that usually baby's first teeth are the ones that hurt the worst, but I think it's those molars. Check in your baby's mouth and see if you can see them popping through--usually the ones on the bottum sprout first and then the top. Some nights, but very rarely, we gave her baby tylenol, the one that reduces pain from teething. But for most nights, we'd let her stay up and watch Spongebob or Noggin until she calmed down. After the molars popped, she's now sleeping through the night--for now :-)
    muffychick

Answer by muffychick at 10:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2008