Why do you answer anonymously?

I do when it comes to certain subjects, controversial subjects like Obama. Why? Not because I'm "hiding", not because I'm "ashamed" for my beliefs, not because of any reason other than I cannot take anymore of the bashing I get in PRIVATE MESSAGES! I'm sick of getting private messages from people totally dissing me for my views. Private messages! I'd never do that to anyone. But that doesn't mean I don't want to make my views known. So there. Before any of you speculate about why I (or anyone) chooses to remain anon, stop and think that there just might be a good reason. You don't have to agree with that reason, but as adults you should RESPECT that reason. Anyone else agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do it to avoid the crazies on here who get upset when people don't answer the way they want them too. It does not make me less of a woman or my opinion less valid only unintelligent people use that argument. Half the people on here are not who they say they are anyway. So if they are hiding behind a fake profile they are worse than anyone posting anonymously. I am not lying I am just keeping my mailbox free from hate mail and saving myself some time. If someone does not like it they can simply not read anonymous posts. Cafe mom knows who is who still so if someone is too nasty on here they will get a thump from them.

Anonymous

• so then why did you post then anon.? it's not about obama... and so what is some crazy lazy really go as far to get on your page and leage you crazy messages delete and block them or make your page private... that damn anon. button is starting to cause..welll not even start it IS causing drama... and you all give the same excuse for using it... if you dont got the you know to post with anon. then u shouldnt post...tmo
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Keyboard Cowards.
    No seriously, I have friends that do and after seeing what they go thru with the crazy stalkers, I understand. I just report each and every one now.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• post this*
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I agree with you 100%.
    Anonymous

• There is not much difference between making your page private or posting anonymously.
    Anonymous

• I post anon sometimes if the question is a drama question. Many people think I am a drama queen, when I want to answer or ask a question without the drama i post anon. So I can have a conversation that is not prejudice.

Anonymous

• Posting anon always leaves the element of doubt as to who you are. When at least a private profile pops up with an answer, we all know who that same profile is. Me for instance, am attacked for whatever I say and whenever I say it, even before my post content is fully read and comprehended. People attack my profile not my post content. CafeMom is aware of that, and worked on that problem today already.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

Yes there is.  My page IS private, but people can still send messages whether it's private or not. 

Anonymous

• akinbottom2
    When you will stop attacking others in cafemom then I think nobody will attack you .
    Anonymous