food

Ok, I need some help i have friends coming down saturday and altogether there is going to be like 17 people including children. I need to cook something for an evening meal before us grown people go out. I want it to be filling and fairly easy but mainly inexpensive. We are going out and paying for sitters so i need to save money for that. What should i make any ideas

busygal26

Asked by busygal26 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Make Chili and a side salad. Or Lasagna. Those are both easy to make ahead of time and just bake or put in the crockpot when your guests arrive.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Spaghetti is always cheap to make and kids love it.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Pasta or stew would be my first go-to meals in this situation. A big batch of spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, baked ziti or chicken al fredo would be good...you can add veggies to make it stretch even further. Or you can make a big pot of beef or chicken stew pretty inexpensively also. Toss in some bisquick biscuits and I promise no one will be complaining!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I make a fake Lasagna that is quick, easy, and not very expensive.

Use 1lb ground beef, 1 large jar of tomato sauce (30oz), about 1 tsp of garlic Herb seasoning, 1/2 box bow ties (I like the mini ones by barilla), 2 cups of motz cheese & about 12 oz cottage cheese.

Preheat oven to 350. Brown the ground beef & drain. Add tomato sauce & seasoning. Simmer for a few minutes and add uncooked pasta. Cook until pasta is tender. Fill an 8x8 casserole dish half full, lay down a layer of cottage cheese, add more pasta mixture & top with motx cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through & cheese is melted. Finish it off with garlic bread & a mix salad

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009