my 5 year old son keep playing with his wee wee! is that normal?

my son started playing with his private part a few weeks ago and it caught me by surprise. i just dont know if i should tell him to stop or let him do it. i asked him why he does it and tells me that his wee wee tickles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• all little boys play with it one time or another if its in fornt of people i wont let him do it other wise i dont see a problem
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• momsince08 is right. little boys just do that. it's like about that age they just become aware that they have that body part. just word it if he does it infront of others that our private parts mean we don't touch them in front of others unless your telling mommy and a doctor that you hurt there. words something like that let him know curiousity is normal but infront of family members, other kids, in stores don't touch.
    Anonymous

• my 4 yr old just started doing this.if his hands are in there for longer than a itch,ill ask him to please go into the bathroom.he always stops.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• VERY VERY NORMAL!!!!HE FOUND A PLEASURE POINT, PLEASE DON'T TELL HIM IT IS BAD, BECAUSE IT ISN'T JUST TELL HIM HE CAN ONLY DO THIS WHEN THERE AREN'T OTHER PEOPLE AROUND.

Answer by older at 7:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• All Of My Sons Have Done This Its Normal. Just Don't Let Him Do It With People Around And PLEASE Don't Tell Him Its Wrong. I Once Dated A Guy That Had Issues Because His Mom Told Him Touching It Was Bad When He Was Younger....He Seriously Had To Go To Counseling!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 9:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• its normal, let him know that its ok in private, but not out in public.
    HollieSpirit

Answer by HollieSpirit at 12:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ya, it's normal for little boys to do that.
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my 4 year just started doing it and i ask him were he got the idea to play with him self from. he told me that he sees daddy doing it every morning. me and his dad r no longer together. so i called his dad and said something to him about it and he said that he guesses he has to start closeiing his bedroom door at night.
    tinamomof5kids

Answer by tinamomof5kids at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009