Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heathy 5 year old

ok its alonge story ... ok well my soon to be husbands son who is 5 has an extrem wieght problem he is at 72 lbs thats the size of a 10 year old and he gaind 5 lbs in a week .. we only have him for 3 days and she has him for the reat of the time ... his baby mamma isnt helping any or fallowing the doctors orders.. wich are no milk exceped with breafast and only three meal a day , exercise for 10 mins and lots of frists and vegs and nothing after 7pm.. well here he eats heathy but over there he eats alot of fast food is there and thing that we can do to help him lose some weight

Answer Question

Asked by mom_since08 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Sorry? What's the question?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • If you would like to have the child full-time I would report her to child services.
    She is knowingly endangering her own childs life and deliberately going against Drs orders.
    A lot of fast food meals have over 1000 calories in them.
    My 5 yr old weighs 38 lbs and I wouldn't let him live on that type of food, he could end up having a heart attack.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • If the weight is affecting his health and it is doctors orders to have him on a diet and exercise--you might be able to contact CPS and ask what you can do. You might be able to get more custody in order to help him. We got emergency custody when my hubby's ex refused to give SS his medications for his bi-polar b/c he was being affected by her bad decision. When she complied with dr's orders custody went back to the way it was before.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • aside from reporting her to child services for endangering her childs life and ignoring dr. orders there isnt much you can do. for him to be a healthy weight everyone has to be on the same page.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Has your soon to be husband talked to the mother? If not, please do so. It might not help, but if you take her to court, at least she can't say I didn't know or I forgot. In the meantime, keep feeding the child like you have been doing. He might get to the point where he won't care for greasy fried foods and wants more fruit and veggies when he's not with you. Talk with his Doctor and find out how serious this is and ask if you should take action against the bio-mom. You then have the Dr in your corner. The main thing here is not to say anything in front of the child. And by no means tell him that he is fat. Just tell him that you want him to eat healthy foods so he can run faster and be able to jump higher, etc. Good Luck and never ever give up the fight. This is the child's life and future you are dealing with.


    Answer by Fibro-Mom at 8:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • the diet will not work if his mother is not on board with the plan. I would call it a healthy lifestyle than a "diet". Make sure while he is at your house you exercise with him and feed him a healthy balanced diet. Have your husband'sdiscuss any concerns with his ex.  Maybe the two of them should meet with the child's doctor together to work out a plan.


    Answer by mommiedear at 8:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.