baby items waste of money or a life savor?

what is one thing you got for your new baby that you thought was a waste of money? what is one thing you got that was a life savor?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• Bottle and wipe warmers are a waste of money, the bouncy seat is a life saver when the baby is 4 months and under, of course this is IMO.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had bouncers for my twins and this was a lifesaver for me!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 4:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Bouncy seat and swing were life savers. Waste of money was cloth diapers.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• life saver for me was my sons swing. a waste of money... a lot of things but the wipe warmer (just dries the wipes out) or the cart cover (we always forgot it)
    kclick213

Answer by kclick213 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• All the little cute shoes and socks and three/four piece outfits were a waste of money IMO. I almost always have my baby in a warm sleeper. It is way too difficult to undress him in the "cutesy" outfits for a simple diaper change, and the shoes are just one more unnecessary hassle. And his swing has been a life saver. It is so nice to have a place that he will stay asleep on long enough for me to take a shower.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Neither of my twins liked their bouncer seats, so those were a waste for us (I think my babies must have been weird though, because everyone else's babies seem to really love those things). With one of my babies, the swing was a life saver, but it scared the other one.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Really cloth diapers were a waste of money?? I actually would have considered that a $$ saver!

Ummm waste of money was definitely a bumper and comforter. Not even sure where that stuff is right now.
    Anonymous

• Waste of money for us was a crib. We coslept. We also wasted money on a changing table we never used and bottles we never used. Also those cute outfits someone else mentioned was wasteful. If I did it again I would have no baby stuff except diapers, sleepers ,a couple outfits, the nasal aspirator and lots of recieving and or burp rags.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• "Weebok" shoes and other pricey shoes for babies. Kids who can't walk around outside don't need shoes!
    Wipe warmers. Unless you get ice forming in your potty at night, you don't need one.

Sling. My daughter had reflux and colic. I don't know how we survived but the sling helped.
    Angel Care monitor. My daughter would only sleep on her tummy. So I had a choice - non-stop screaming all day and night (she truly would NOT sleep) or let her be comfy. Still useful now since I will know when she gets out of bed in the night (once she's in a bed).
    Crib Tent. Oh My GOSH! Wonderful invention. Kept her from climbing out as a baby, keeps her from roaming the house in the night as a toddler.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Diaper Genie is a huge waste of money!

If you breastfeed and pump, a bottle warmer is a must-have!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009