It's this common or is there something wrong???

I just gave birth about two months ago and I'm breast feeding my little one. Everything had been ok till this week when I started feeling a lot of pressure and pain on my breast. I joke around with my husband beause I say that the pains feel like if I'm having a contraction on my breast. The breast get really tense and hard and then they release some milk after a minute or so they go back to mormal, but repeat the process a few more times. The other thing is that now after nearly two months of breast feeding I'm begining to feel nauseas every time I feed the baby. My belly feels very sick like the way you might feel the first trimester of pregnancy and I'm concern. Should I be concern???

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whenever I had letdown, my breast felt like it had a contraction. That has to be what you're feeling if you're leaking when it happens. My stomach also became sensitive when I was breastfeeding for the first couple of months.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Some moms have nausea, and the contractions may merely be letdown. I'll throw another possibility at you...pregnancy. It's always possible.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hi my names Emily.

The next time you are having pains like that in your breasts check your temp. If your temp is high you might have an inffection which is common in breast feeding. Also if you are feeling sick when breast feeding you might not be getting rnough food. How Much do you eat? When you breast feed the baby is taking almost everything from you. Try balancing out your diet for you and your little one. But about the pains you should go see your doctor they might be able to check a little further and see if there is an infection
    EmilyW89

Answer by EmilyW89 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I spend most of the day eating and drinking lots of fluids...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 5:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Thats completly normal your breasts are just a little engorged. Just rub it with a hot towel a´s hot as you can take. To relive pressure its also good to massage them and extract some of the milk. For some the heavy flow of milk come in a bit later. This happened with me too.
    Fancyavi

Answer by Fancyavi at 6:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It sounds like you're experiencing a painful letdown, and the nausea is probably being caused by prolactin release in the brain. The stuff is like a narcotic. It use to knock me out completely. I couldn't nurse my baby without falling asleep, but I've been told that some women experience nausea too. It will wear off eventually, but when is anyone's guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009