Anyone use k-12?

1. Have you been to an event? There are none in WV (my state) but I live near PA and OH and there is one in OH I might could make it to-- Would it be info I could still use, living in WV?

2. It can be free, right? Does anyone add Christian (or other religious curriculum) on top of k-12?

3. Can you describe in a sentence or two about how k-12 works? Thanks!!

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• we use it and we love it.. have used it for grade 2,3,4,5, and now 6. There is a k-12 group on here if you want to join up. I am not religious so i dont know about the rest of your question, but the curriculum itself has religion unbiased in it from all of history and all over the world. Hmm it doesnt seem that there is anything anti christian or what not in anything i have seen so far. I know this goes against the grain with you maybe but whatever ethics you have will be transmitted to your children regardless. I always make sure as i am teaching that its evolution and not a god... i am sure you could do it the other way around just naturally.
    YamahaMamma

Answer by YamahaMamma at 3:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2008

• I don't know what you are talking about? what is k-12?
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Sorry, K-12 is a homeschooling curriculum sort of.
    It's a way to teach from home, but through the school system, I believe.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I use k-12..we go thought the public school system around here so I dont have to pay for it. They give you the workbooks and all the essentials I need. Your work is guided my online. We like it! It seems to be more work than a normal homeschooler might have with another curriuculum..but then I have never used anything else..just heard...I am adding bible i mine. The history seems to fall OK with me. In fact it has talked about biblical events.
    mommjen4

Answer by mommjen4 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2008