My husband and I are going thru a nasty divorce.

He lives over 100 miles away. He refuses to tell me his lawyers name. He let down his guard enough one day to tell me that he delivered flowers to a lawyer, both at home and office. I believe this is who his "cousel" is. When my lawyer wished to speak with his. He refuses to give up the information. What do you all think?

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 5:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe that your lawyer can simply send documents to him and he can then take them to his lawyer. I also believe that your lawyer can file a motion to have a judge order your husband to inform your lawyer of his lawyer's name. I'm not sure, but I am sure if you tell your lawyer the problem, he/she will know of a way around it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Either he doesnt have one or he doesnt have one LOL. Seriously. Lawyers are professionals and they contact the other one almost immediately. They also dont take flowers from clients. Its unprofessional. If you really wanna know if he has one go to the courthouse and see whose the lawyer on file. They have to say who they are representing and its in the court file. If theres none listed there is your answer.

Answer by gemgem at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ohh. well i'd let your lawyer handle it. he knows the law and what to do to get it all figured out. just try to carry on for your child's sake and find some peace in that you do have a lawyer while this is going on and your almost x is not physically near you to make things even worse!
    Anonymous

• Just file and when it comes time for court his lawyer will show up. If he has legal counsel then that person will contact your attorney unless he hires one as he's walking in the courthouse like some idiots do. Let your attorney worry about it. That is what he/she gets paid to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Legally He HAS To Tell You Who His Lawyer Is During Divorce Proceedings So Most Likely He Doesn't Have One. If He Does Then He AND The Lawyer Are Willfully Breaking The Law.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009