Why is it Ok to trash Bush but not Obama?

Please come up with a more intelligent answer than Bush had his shot and blew it so we can bash him. Bush was being trashed and called vile names before he was Inaugurated. I have listened to how he stole an election for 8 years. I have listened to how he is the worst President. I have heard many on here compare him to Hilter. Why is that Ok but it is wrong for me to be upset that Obama has a Spread the Wealth agenda. I don't bash him just express a concern. I am called a racist and a retard. Why the double standard. So if I do a post when he is out of office cheering him being gone will that be OK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its ok to trash either because last time I checked its still a free country right? Yep we have heard from day 1 omg bush stole it omg bush this bush that. The fact is history isnt written by the people living in it. We wont know what Bush succeeded at or didnt until its written. He freed a country, kept our country from another terror attack, kept our military top notch and thats nothing to sneeze at and Im betting more then any of the bashers on cafemom or elsewhere will ever hope to accomplish in their lives. I cant stand Obama and thats my right as an american citizen. I dont have to honor or respect him anymore then people who didnt like bush didnt honor or respect him. People just need to deal with the fact not everyone voted for Obama and there will be criticism, the same, or worse then Bush got.

Answer by gemgem at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well, most will say because Obama isn't in office yet.

I say, you step in the spotlight, expect feedback from the audience.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It is OK to bash Obama, you as an American citizen have every right to talk negatively about any President including Obama. Soon, the lateshow comedians will show you how to do it well and how to get the full effect of getting your points across.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Because they think it's cool. It's like being in High school all over again. The name calling and etc. It gets old. The news I should say the left wing news has put Obama up on a petal stool. And I'm sure he will fall on his butt. But pretty soon people will get smart and get sick of hearing about how great this guy is. He's not even in the White House yet. And so far he's not going through on his promise of change. So I think he will be bash too.
    Anonymous

• oh you didnt know OP he is a "god" or something.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well i actually like bush. And i am definately not happy that Obama won.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Seeing as there's all sorts of Obama bashing happening, I vote for "you are full of it."
    MaybeSparrow

Answer by MaybeSparrow at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• and its so funny how people hate on bush but didnt you all vote him and then RE elect him? wasnt me... this year was my first year i was old enough... i love how they voted him in and now bash him... it will be the same with obama..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

good answer i like it...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I, also, do not understand the reason behind it all. It is not humanly possible to keep all the promises that Obama made while campaigning due to the economy, war, world matters and on and on. I mostly guess people are looking for someone to blame for all their life troubles and Bush is it because he is the commander in chief. People really believe that Obama is going to be the answer to their prayers and we all need something to believe in whether it be magic, fairies, God, or Obama.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009