I have tried

My ex left me for another woman. His mother made it pretty clear she was all for this and he did nothing wrong. This woman has been divorce twice already. His mom and i used to do a lot together. As soon as she found out about the cheating , she sided with him, which i can understand, it is her son. I tried to still be friendly, and she has always asked me to do things still now and then, but then behind my back she always put me down, and couldn't say enough good about the new girl. Now she just emailed me after i told her i don't want anymore to do with her. She wants us to go out to dinner before they leave for dinner for Florida. Why can't she just leave me alone and focus on the girlfriend she supposedly thinks is the greatest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• wow, that's just rude of the mom. I wouldn't want to do dinner with her either. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i agree, that's really rude. they should deff leave you alone. and why would his mother want to go to dinner with you after all that? it doesn't make sense..
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 5:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Wow, My parents are NOT like that. When they see wrong they will call us out!
    They don't side with us if we are in the wrong and they will most definitely take up for whoever is in the RIGHT.
    Just quit talking to her.
    Anonymous

• Kindly decline. She'll stop asking eventually. You have no obligation to stay friends with her, and frankly I wouldn't trust her anyway.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I Think She Just Likes Being In Control Of Things. Politely Decline The Invitation And All Future Invitations From Her.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Don't deal w/your ex MIL anymore. You don't need to reply on her email as well. Move on w/your life and be happy.
    Mommy_G70

Answer by Mommy_G70 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It would be nice if the two of you could get along. However who wants to hang out with a person who talks behind your back?

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Be the bigger person-it is all about karma you know-go to dinner with her be just as nice as you possibly can be without throwing up-stand your ground though and confront her about the things she says behind her back-and then feel good about yourself because you didn't do anything wrong and after that I would wash my hands of them both (the mother and the ex) completely.
    AlabamaGrl

Answer by AlabamaGrl at 7:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009