anyone else get hives??

for like the last month or longer I have had hives (i guess, thats the only way I can describe them) on my shoulders, down to my elbows, and my upper back. They itch soooo sooo bad and i dont know what to do, the dr thinks im over reacting and that its just dry skin, but its actually these flat, red itchy spots... anyone know what it is, or how to help it? Im 15 weeks BTW

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did with my first towards the end. Just get some OTC medication (cream) and it should be ok.

Answer by gemgem at 5:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had hives over 90% of my body when I first got pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant and took benadryl, which made them worse. I ended up in the ER after 4 days because I couldn't take it any longer.
    I would say to stop using scented lotions, as your hormones can make you respond differently to them while pregnant.
    If you are itchy, you can try calamine lotion, which will help the itch.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i dont remeber the name of it but there is a condition where you get the rash and it can spread to ur placenta i saw it on discovery health
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009