• In the Spotlight:

My son's foot is swollen is this serious?

I picked my son up from daycare today and when I took his sandal off the top of his foot was swollen. I have called my dr. but he hasn't called back yet.

jordansmom629

Asked by jordansmom629 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a similar thing happen to my son when he was 2. By the time I got home from the daycare, his foot has swollen even more so I called the local clinic and they told me to keep an eye on it to see if it continued to get worse. I ended up going to the ER and was given a prescription for some medication to get the swelling down. His foot was like a sausauge ready to explode! It turned out to be some sort of reaction to a small bite that I did not even notice, so I would recommend that if your child is not running a fever, acting weird, having difficulty breathing or showing pain and discomfort, that you keep an eye on the swelling and if it gets worse or a red line appears to be streaking up his leg then take him in right away to be sure it is not something more serious.
    hafaadaiak

Answer by hafaadaiak at 8:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• yes i would take him it could be a spider bite put ice on it and or heat
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• it could also be that his foot got stepped on at daycare
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008