TMI pooping

Can anyone help me? I am having a bit of a problem. I have to poop really bad [ i mean, so bad that, that region hurts, and my body shakes]. I can feel it trying to come out, but when I try to push a little and give it some help, I start to tear.

This is seriously affecting my day. I can hardly leave the bathroom because I feel like I could poop everytime I sit down. But I dont.

Any suggestions please!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have a daughter with chronic constipation and although stool softners will help the stuff up high it won't help what you need to get out. I woud try a glycerin suppository to help soften that stool that is tearing you and then take something like colace or miralax. Also a fleets enema could help the stool that is down low.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 8:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would suggest taking a fiber supplement like benefiber. It's actually really good at keeping you regular. You can mix the powder in water or juice (for the double effect I mix it in some apple juice). The extra fiber should help with your bm's. I find that with my first pregnancy, toward the end the baby was making it very hard. I had the same situation you did. So I took my fiber, ate an apple a day, things like that. It's all about the fiber! :) Or if you want you can take a laxative. I can't remember the name of the one I use periodically... but when I do I'll post. Those work as well.
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 6:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You need to take a stool softener (Colace) so you don't create or tear existing hemmorroids. If want laxative action, make sure you take one that includes a stool softener (Pericolace) Either that or take an enema which will soften the stool so you can eliminate it. Once you've gone, do the fiber regimen explained by PP.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009