Why do we seem 'suspiscious" of Obama?Like scared even?

He looks so nice, speaks so well,seems so charming.Says such big things yet seems ..sinister to so many of us.....is there something sinister?Or is it that we are just afraid of change?What is it?Will he do ultimate good ?And why would he change the policy of gays in the military?What about Guatanomo Bay?What does that say about his beliefs?Our safety?His thoughts?
Where are we going to be lead ?Is he going to protect us ?Or are there many upon many who feel sickened and a fear in their guts that wish Bush didnt have to leave and feel as tho we are being left in the lurch without a ounce of anything?

lilysmom1012

Asked by lilysmom1012 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dunno, I'm hopeful for the future.

Some people can't survive without fear.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• However , we have to pray for him and his family.He is part of Gods plan no matter what happens.
    Poeple may have voted but God chose the pat it would all go down.I guess this is where Faith comes in and you just have to trust and know that no matter what or who is in charge that God is the biggest man in Charge
    lilysmom1012

Answer by lilysmom1012 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM...Is that all some people see when it comes to Obama? It's not all doom and gloom. Let the man take office and give him a chance. Ask a similar question this same time next year.
    Anonymous

• Fear of the unknown, maybe? I don't know. I don't feel that way.

I DID, however, feel that way about Kerry four years ago. I don't know what exactly caused it, but I was terrified of that man!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Not me.
    He will do his best to protect U.S. And get back worlds respect.So I'm ready for a change in every direction .
    Anonymous

• I am a Republican and yet I am hopeful. I would be hopeful and supportive of ANY president voted into office.

I am not worried or nervous except for his safety....it would be tragic and scarey if some crazy loon tried to hurt him b/c of his race......

I pray that he will lead our country where we need to go.......and hope that he can be a GREAT leader for us!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Because we don't REALLY know anything about him? What EXACTLY does "hope and change" mean? We HOPE he'll do a good job? He's not Bush, so that's CHANGE?!

He hasn't been in politics for very long, he cast mostly "present" votes as Senator--refusing to stick his neck out on critical issues, and those he associated with weren't exactly on the "up and up!" He was groomed for the Presidency by very powerful people (George Soros), and through the highly corrupt Chicago political machine--yet remained unscathed?!?!? (I think not!).

So, it's perfectly normal to WONDER what he is going to do as President--we he have our backs or sell us out? Since he pretty much came out of the blue--how can ANYONE say he is what this country needs?! We don't even know where his childhood hometown is!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Isn't that funny Duster? I felt the same way about Kerry! He freaked me out, something in his eyes, bleh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Because it is human nature to fear change. We don't know for sure what is going to happen and some people are not comfortable with that. I don't really know. I don't feel that way at all.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• "I felt the same way about Kerry! He freaked me out, something in his eyes, bleh. "

Kerry creeped me out WAY more than Obama could ever dream to do. I don't expect doom and gloom, I do, however, expect business as usual, and do not look forward to all the excuse making that will go with it. He's already reversed himself a half dozen times, and one of his top transition advisors is John McCain. Change indeed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009