At what age did your kids learn to tie their shoes?

NikkiMarie333

Asked by NikkiMarie333 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• at age 5, my son had just turned five! ( i was 6 when i learned)
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 9:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• she was around 5 ~ she learned the bunny around the tree, but i don't remember it myself.
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• my daughter is 8 and she just learned. thankyou spongebob.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I teach Pre-K, toward the end of the year we start working on shoe-tying, but we don't force it. About half the class masters it by the end. We don't worry about the ones that don't though, it'll come. It's usually around 5-6.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• my oldest that is 19 learned to tie his shoes in K -he was 5 . my middle son learned to tie his shoes in 3rd grade and my daughter learned to tie hers in pre-k and my 11 months loves to untie his the best
    mcovey

Answer by mcovey at 6:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Mine were 5. We had a book w/ a shoe on it and a color coded lace and they'd just sit there and practice making bunny ears and then they moved on to real shoes. Of course now, they only want to wear shoes that velcro...
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 9:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My oldest learned at 8, my middle one learned at 6 and my younest learned right before she turned 5. I didn't teach them until they asked to be taught and at that point they picked it right up. I think Velcro is the way to go for kids who aren't ready to tie their own shoe's yet.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• My daughter was 5, her 7yr old friend taught her the "Bunny Ear". If the have a older sibling or friend down the street have them show your child,they are alot more patient and much more interesting then Mom or Dad.
    penepooh

Answer by penepooh at 3:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• A week after he turned four because he is awesome!!
    kcjones78

Answer by kcjones78 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2009