Did you hear about the salmonella poison??

peanut butter recall!! Crackers and Cookies!
heres a list...http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-kellogg-recall-list,0,6854218.story

heres the states
http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/typhimurium/

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Organic foods can certainly get salmonella and e.coli just as well as any other, so that argument is completely moot. The handling of the food after it's grown is often the cause of food-borne illnesses and not using pesticides does not make it resistant to bacteria.

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in. Until people remember that *we* run the country, not the government, and start demanding that all those well paid, fully insured politicians start doing the job we gave them, mainly protecting us, it isn't going to get any better. The best safety tip you can follow right now is to know the source of your food, and be conscious of what you eat so if you do get sick, it doesn't take months to narrow down the suspect food.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes, and that is just one of many reasons why I buy and feed my kids organic.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I heard about it. My kids love peanut butter too. It had me worried until I read that peanut butter you get in a jar was OK.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• organic stuff can get it too
    Anonymous

• YEAH I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS LIKE 2 DAYS AGO MY MOM WAS FREAKING CUZ SHE EATS THEM ALL THE TIME
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I felt so dumb when I heard it yesterday at my 2 year olds birthday party. I was trying to do a healthier version of goodie bags for the kids, so instead of using candy I used other snacks, one of which being peanut butter crackers! One of the parents was like "um, you heard about the recall right?" Like I would have given them to the kids if I knew it!!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes, it can. It 's just not as often I should say. Also, I wasn't making an argument so don't go there hagd

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009