Does anyone know a diet to help get rid of headaches?

I have horrible dizzying headaches. I have pressure behind my eyes, in my forehead, and it feels like a brick in my head, it makes it so heavy feeling. I've had imaging tests done, and taken many many migraine meds that don't help. I know it could be my diet. What kind of foods should I eat, and what kind of foods should I not eat?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 7:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• 90% of headaches are caused by dehydration. Drink lots of water and your headaches should disappear.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Water and also have you ever tried a sudafed to see if it's sinus related ? Since the kind of headache you mentioned sounded like sinus pressure to me. Also I heard a neurologist on tv once say that some migraines can be treated with sudafed...something about the way the meds work. Can't hurt...Just check before taking it if you are pregnant or have other health conditions.

Also I swear yellow cheese gives me headaches. I know crazy, but seems to be true. I thought I have heard others say cheese, chocolate, things like that do effect them.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 7:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• To J9Mommy, it's not crazy, you probably are allergic to something in the yellow cheese.

Most headaches, especially migraines are caused by 3 main things, 1)dehydration (make sure you are drinking water and not all the other caffeinated beverages, 2) toxins (in your system and in your environment), and 3) subluxation (spine being out of alignment).

It sounds like the headache you are describing is from sinus. I use to get them so bad until I started to take care of myself more. I no longer take any meds for it and am happy about that. I have had several friends have the same outcome after changing things around. If you want more info, I'd be happy to share but too much info to put here.

Take care,
    Cathy
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 7:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Sinuses could definitely be a part of it, but I agree with drinking lots of water, it helps me (and with my weight loss), but the number one thing i had to leave alone is sodium. I started cooking with less salt and it does help. MSG's are the worst. Migraines always when eating MSG's.
    sheilatanman

Answer by sheilatanman at 10:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• MSG is bad bad bad.
    many resturants have it in their food.
    and you would be very surprised all the products in stores that have it.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 12:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2009