UGH I barely feel my little girl move and im a bit overweight and im 24 weeks.

IM 24 weeks due MAy 7th and I barely feel my little girl kick sometimes so I'm wondering if their are any other overweight pregnant woman who not feeling their baby move much around this time. Just need some buddies because im newly pregnant and having my little girl soon and so excited!

excitedmomma2b

Asked by excitedmomma2b at 7:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's 10 kicks in an hour, not 10 minutes although some may kick that often. Your going to scare her.... I'm 30 weeks and still don't usually get 10 kicks in 10 mintues every day, although, sometimes I do! Just relax and start counting in a month!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think I felt my daughter at about 22 weeks......my Dr said she didnt feel hers till about that time either and she wasnt overweight......people are just different, once it starts it wont stop.....lol
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Don't worry about it at all. I was the same way, I'm almost 30 now but I remember those days! I'm a little overweight too and 3 trips to the ER later... the baby is STILL fine. LOL. I really didn't start feeling her regularly until 28 weeks, and most OB's recommend that time to start kick counts anyways. Just make sure you feel her sometimes. Congrats
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• During my first pregnancy I did my counting (you know ten kicks in ten minutes) I didn't feel her very often, but the kicks I did feel were strong. So If I got 6-7 good hard kicks and a couple of mediocre ones I was still alright. As long as all your appointments are ok, you should be just fine. You're little one could be a sleepy bugger. And the farther along you get the more you'll feel her move because she'll have less room, so to kick you'll feel her back or arm or knee move as well as the kick. :)
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• lol sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I used to get 10 in 10 all the time, and that's what my doctor recommended for me to count (I think because I was already paying attention and that was the norm). But I could be wrong, an hour sounds more reasonable! :)
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 7:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009