did your hubby help you change your past in some way to make it better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He didnt really help me, but insisted that I change pretty much everythhing in my past. I dont have any of my old friends, he didnt like my job because there was a bar there, he didnt want me going to the bar, he didnt want me going tanning, wanted me to quit smoking and the list goes on..lol. I know it sounds really bad and at a time I thought it was too, but now we are married and since I got pregnant with my daughter I would have changed most of that anyway. (bar, smoking, tanning).
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Oh, most definitely. I was able to stop being such a slob because of him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yes, i quit being a whore and i quit drugs.
    Anonymous

• Ya... I was a party child and he basically said he didn't want a g/f that did that... so I stopped. I miss it... especially when his little brothers around because we use to party with the same people and he still does so I feel like I'm missing out when he talks about it... but at the same time I'd be missing out on a lot more had I not given it up... like having my beautiful baby girl.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 7:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would say hubby and i changed each other alot over the years, we now go out once in a while not all the time, we ask each other without yelling,
    Anonymous

• I don't know if this applies to the question you are asking, but my husband protected me and my oldest daughter from my ex-husband who was very abusive to me. He made sure that we moved into a new apartment at a different address and opened a PO Box to use for our mailing address and we chose to have our telephone unlisted. He taught me some basic self-protection skills to use in case anyone tried to break in while he wasn't home - mainly with a baseball bat. And he was always reassuring me that things were going to be okay because I had major panic attacks and screaming nightmares for years before I believed that my daughter and I were truly safe from my ex.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2009