whats the easiest way to paper mache my belly! 35 weeks!

So my bf and I had said from the day we found out i was PG that we are going to paper mache my belly :)
I thought it was easy and not expesive at all but i googled it and i saw that you have to buy all types of things.
I remember when i was in middle school all you needed was glue, water, and newspaper or some other type of paper. My bf said they would use water, glue and flour.
Can yall help me out and tell me whats the easiest way to paper mache my belly?????????

I want to do it ASAP before i pop! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• winkAll you need is newspaper and flour and water. Just make a flour and water paste. Dip in strips of newspaper and paste over your belly. Hmmm. I think that you should probably put something on your belly to keep the paste from sticking. (Can we say ouch?) Maybe vasaline? Make the paste medium thickness. Too much water and it it will take forever to dry. To thick and it won't work as well. If you want the casting to last do several layers. Then when you remove it you might want to add a couple more. :)

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• they also make belly casting kits, but the only place i have seen them are babies r us and burlington coat factory...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• THANKS!
    Anonymous

• I tried the whole newspaper and water thing and it did not work. They make the stuff thats made for it. I went to frogs N lily pads ( the kids/baby store here) and they had a kit that was actually for kids art projects, but it was perfect. It was in a roll and you just cut it, dip it in water and put it on. It dried in like 15 minutes and came off perfectly. i still have it hanging on my wall and it looks great. We did mine without my shirt off and my right hand over my left breast and my inside forearm over the other one, it looks great.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• There is also a kit on Motherhood.com $25! I didnt think that was such a bad price.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009